Bulgarian Olympic Champion Confesses to Cocaine Possession
Galabin Boevski, 36, a Bulgarian Olympic weightlifting champion, who was busted at Sao Paulo airport in Brazil with 9 kilos of cocaine, has confessed to the crime.
The Bulgarian new agency BGNES reports Thursday that Boevski had expressed full readiness to collaborate with the authorities during the very first interrogation.
The report cites a diplomatic source, who has confirmed the news. Boevski had also requested help of a Bulgarian attorney.
Meanwhile, Bulgaria's Foreign Affairs Ministry sent to relatives of the champion a list with names of some well-known Brazilian lawyers. The country's diplomats are adamant this is the best way to go in defending him. If convicted, Boevski faces up to 15 years of jail time.
A check of the business registry had shown that the former champion has staggering debt with all his companies reporting huge losses, including the best-known Boevski 2000, and M Unit, Boevski and Boev and Scandal VIP.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Hollywood Action Hero Sylvester Stallone with Fake Bulgarian Passport, Found in a Police Operation
- » Crime: Mother Killed Her Own Two Children in Bulgarian Town of Sandanski
- » Bulgaria: Specialized Prosecutor's Office Started Action in Four Districts in Sofia
- » Bank Robbery in Bulgaria's City Sandanski
- » Deputy Speaker of the 44th Bulgarian National Assembly and The Leader of "VOLYA" Party Veselin Mareshki Sentenced to 4 Years in Prison
- » Bulgarian Police Department: Six People Detained at the Protest Today