20 Men Busted in Child Pornography Crackdown by Bulgarian Police
Bulgaria's Unit for Combating Organized Crime GDBOP has arrested 20 men participating in a child pornography ring.
GDBOP's special operation was carried out Tuesday night together with anti-mafia squads from the IT crimes and gambling unit of the Bulgarian police, the Interior Ministry press service announced on Wednesday.
The 20 men were arrested all over the country – in Blagoevgrad, Burgas, Varna, Veliko Tarnovo, Gorna Oryahovitsa, Plovdiv, Pleven, Sliven, Svishtov, and the wider Sofia region.
The police also seized a large amount of computer and video equipment. Initial reports of the police say the cops captured dozens of terrabites of pornographic videos featuring "extremely repulsing sexual profanities" with children aged between 2 and 11.
The police has also found footage shot on Skype in which young children "were forced to satisfy the sexually perverse desires of adult men," in the language of the police.
The detainees are aged between 20 and 40; each of them has been arrested for 24 hours.
One of the detainees is Yulian Velchev, an associate professor at the Radiotechnology Department of the Sofia Technical University.
The police have been investigating and following the pedophilia suspects since early September.
A video report of the Interior Ministry press center of the anti-child pornography operation can be viewed HERE
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Crime: Mother Killed Her Own Two Children in Bulgarian Town of Sandanski
- » Bulgaria: Specialized Prosecutor's Office Started Action in Four Districts in Sofia
- » Bank Robbery in Bulgaria's City Sandanski
- » Deputy Speaker of the 44th Bulgarian National Assembly and The Leader of "VOLYA" Party Veselin Mareshki Sentenced to 4 Years in Prison
- » Bulgarian Police Department: Six People Detained at the Protest Today
- » Police Operations in Several Places in Bulgaria