Bulgarian Energy Watchdog Probes 2 EPPs over Outages
Bulgaria's State Commission for Energy and Water Regulation, DKEVR, has ordered emergency probes at two of the country's three Electric Power Utilities, EPP.
The probes of the German-owned E.ON and the Austrian EVN were triggered by numerous reports of delayed reinstatement of the supply of electric power in eastern Bulgaria which was hit by an early winter storm in the beginning of the week.
The results from the probes will be ready in 2 weeks. If there are proven violations of the license clauses in their contracts, the EPPs will be sanctioned.
Scores of villages remain without power after last Monday's snow storm, downpours and gusty winds.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Ex-Energy Minister and Ex-Head of Bulgargaz are Accused of Buying Gas from Gazprom through Intermediaries
- » TPP ContourGlobal Maritsa 3 produced over 12% of the Electricity in Bulgaria in 2022
- » Bulgaria allowed the Export to Ukraine of Petroleum Products obtained from Russian Crude Oil
- » Bulgargaz offers a Gas Price of BGN 124.35/MWh for February
- » The Construction of the Bulgarian Route of the Gas Connection with Serbia has Started
- » Construction of the Bulgaria-Serbia Gas Connection will begin on February 1