Gaddafi's Ex-Defense Minister Killed - Report
Abu Bakr Yunis Jabr, former Libyan defense minister and current head of ousted dictator Muammar Gaddafi's armed forces, has been reportedly killed during the operation that led to Gaddafi's capture on Thursday.
Medics based in Sirte have stated the defense minister in Col Gaddafi's toppled regime had been killed in the final battle for the strongman's hometown of Sirte.
Transitional National Council commander Abdul Hakim Al Jalil has also claimed he had seen Jaber's dead body. He has shown Reuters a picture of the body, according to BBC. Jabr has been head of the Libyan Army since the 1970's and was one of the original members of the 12 army officials of the Revolutionary Command Council led by Gaddafi.
Jalil has added that Gaddafi's spokesman Moussa Ibrahim has also been captured.
It has been reported that Muammar Gaddafi himself may have died from the injuries inflicted during his capture.
- » More than 200,000 Czechs Have Gathered in Prague to Demand the Resignation of Billionaire Prime Minister Andrej Babiš
- » Estonia Will Host One of the World's Largest Cyber Defense Exercises
- » Most Americans Believe Donald Trump Should Be Removed from Office
- » France: Nearly 15,000 Households Are still Without Electricity
- » 45 Flights Were Delayed or Canceled in Moscow
- » Johnson: After Brexit, EU Citizens Will Be Treated Like Migrants from other Countries