Jet Makes Emergency Landing at Sofia Airport Due to Fuel Leak
A freight plane carrying fuel has made an emergency landing at Sofia Airport in Bulgaria due to leaking fuel, as a fire was initially feared.
Emergency firefighting squads and medics have headed to the airport; the access to Terminal 1 has been closed.
Airport authorities have refuted earlier reports that a fire has been broken out and assured that all due measures are underway.
According to official reports, the plane is a Saudi Arabian freight Boeing 747 jet headed from Brussels to Riyadh.
- » PM Borissov: Bulgaria is the Only Country that has Coped with Illegal Migration
- » 5.6 Earthquake Off the Coast of Indonesia
- » IMF: Inequality in Bulgaria Keeps Growing
- » Hundreds of Flights Canceled in UK because of the Storm "Dennis"
- » Record Wind Gusts of 255 km/h Hit Iceland
- » First Victim of the Coronavirus in Europe