Jet Makes Emergency Landing at Sofia Airport Due to Fuel Leak
A freight plane carrying fuel has made an emergency landing at Sofia Airport in Bulgaria due to leaking fuel, as a fire was initially feared.
Emergency firefighting squads and medics have headed to the airport; the access to Terminal 1 has been closed.
Airport authorities have refuted earlier reports that a fire has been broken out and assured that all due measures are underway.
According to official reports, the plane is a Saudi Arabian freight Boeing 747 jet headed from Brussels to Riyadh.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Nearly 500 Patiens in Intensive Care Units
- » Unruly Passenger Forces French Airplane to Land in Sofia
- » Covid-19: All hospitals in Sofia Suspend Scheduled non-urgent Admissions and Surgical Procedures
- » Weather in Bulgaria - Cold and Rain
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Increase of the New Cases with 3004 Registered in the Past 24 Hrs
- » Nasa's Perseverance Rover Begins its Mission on Mars