Jail Guard Arrested for Smuggling Drugs into Sofia Prison
A member of the supervision and security staff at the Sofia Central Prison has been arrested on charges of smuggling drugs, mobile phones and SIM cards into the jail facility.
34-year-old K.H was arrested immediately after carrying the items into the detention facility, the Interior Ministry reported.
The arrest was carried out as part of a police operation codenamed "The Courier" staged by the Interior Ministry's Criminal Police General Directorate.
The Sofia City Prosecutor's Office has initiated pre-trial proceedings.
A search of the offender yielded 50 grams of cannabis, 10 grams of heroine, 8 grams of amphetamine, 2 grams of cocaine, 63 grams of Rivotril, fifteen 200 ml bottles of alcohol, eleven cell phones, five SIM cards and a knife.
The items had been attached to his legs and his uniform with strips of adhesive tape.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A Young Woman was Killed by her Husband in a Bulgarian Village
- » Ukrainian Currency worth nearly 1 Million BGN was found in a Cache of a Bus on the Danube Bridge-Ruse
- » Bulgaria: A Driver was Detained after a Spectacular Chase with the Police in Sofia
- » Murder in Sofia: A Man Died from Multiple Stab Wounds, his Son was Detained
- » Bulgaria: Authorities Detained a Police Officer while On Duty with more than 1.6 Promille of Alcohol
- » Specialized Police Operation in the Bulgarian Village of Sindel after the Rape of a 73-year-old Woman