Borisov, Schwarzenegger Talk Film Industry on 'Expendables 2' Set
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and movie-star-turned California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger have voiced a shared opinion that the film industry is a great tool for boosting economic development.
Borisov and Schwarzenegger met Monday at the Nu Boyana Film Studios, where "The Expendables 2" is being shot.
The meeting was also attended by Culture Minister Vezhdi Rashidov and Bulgarian football star Hristo Stoichkov.
"I am very happy to be in Bulgaria and that we have such good relations. Avi Lerner (producer and Nu Image/Millennium Films CEO - editor's note) has been making films all his life and he has great faith in this country. This is why we are here", Schwarzenegger said, expressing his satisfaction with the working conditions offered.
Elaborating on the benefits for the economy from developing the film industry, PM Borisov stressed the government's contributions for the results achieved in the sphere over the past two years.
"Something long-forgotten has happened - film tickets get sold out, theater-goers have to wait for 2-3 months to be able to see a performance. A very good generation of Bulgarian actors is growing up, Bulgarian TV series are experiencing a revival, and your presence here helps to draw even more attention to Bulgarian cinema", Borisov stated.
Borisov explained that, by sharing their impressions of Bulgaria, celebrities like Schwarzenegger and his colleagues altered foreign stereotypes of the country and brought it new fame.
In the course of the talks, Schwarzenegger showed interest in visiting the excavation works for the construction of an underground history museum in downtown Sofia displaying the city's ancient and medieval history.
- » The Fabulous Gala Premiere of the Long Awaited Aladdin in Los Angeles
- » Kottarashky are the first Bulgarians to Enter the Selection of the Francofolies international Festival
- » Duncan Laurence Is The Big Winner Of This Year's Eurovision Song Contest
- » Bulgaria is Setting up a Permanent Fund for Cultural Cooperation in South East Europe
- » Sofia Celebrates the European Museum Night
- » Rocketman Makes Its Astonishing Debut At Cannes Film Festival