Bulgarian Regional Minister Upbeat about Trakiya Hwy Funding
Bulgaria's newly appointed Minister of Regional Development and Public Works, Lilyana Pavlova, voiced Sunday strong optimism about both the funding and the construction schedule of Trakiya highway.
Pavlova spoke in an interview for the Bulgarian national Radio, BNR.
Trakiya highway, which upon completion, is to connect via southern Bulgaria the capital Sofia and the Black Sea city of Burgas, is considered a key infrastructure project of the cabinet of the Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria, GERB, party.
The Minister informed that the European Commission has wired EUR 24 M for Trakiya, adding all construction works are going as scheduled and great progress has been made.
Pavlova, however, reported that the situation with financing of the Struma highway in southwestern Bulgaria is "more complex" over higher cost due to the need of a 13-kilometer-long tunnel for Lot 3, which is upping the amount by EUR 1 B.
"For this reason Lot 3 will be postponed for the next program period. There are no problems with Lots 1, 2, and 4," she explained, adding Bulgarian citizens should not be alarmed about low cost since it does not always equal low quality as in times of crisis top-notch firms are willing to lower their prices.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Energy Prices - 80% Up for Producers in December 2021
- » Restaurants in Sofia Boycotted the New Measures last night
- » 5 Best Practices to Onboard and Train New Hires Remotely
- » Bulgaria: By how much did Alcohol Rise in Price due to inflation?
- » Sofia Airport Recorded a Decline of 3.8 Million Passengers compared to Pre-COVID levels
- » Russia sees an Opportunity for Dialogue after US Responses