Michael Jackson Murder Trial Kicks Off in LA
Tuesday marked the start of the Los Angeles trial of the doctor accused of killing Michael Jackson.
The opening scene on what is being billed as the trial of the century was a disturbing image of Michael Jackson's corpse lying on a bed with tubing over his face.
During the trial's opening statements, an audio file was played for the first time revealing what the King of Pop said while allegedly drugged.
"We have to be phenomenal. When people leave this show, when people leave my show, I want them to say, 'I've never seen nothing like this in my life. Go. Go. I've never seen nothing like this. Go. It's amazing. He's the greatest entertainer in the world," Jackson said in the audio, according to Huffington Post.
Prosecutors portrayed Dr Conrad Murray, 58, as an incompetent physician who used a dangerous anesthetic without adequate safeguards and whose neglect left the 50-year-old superstar abandoned as he lay dying.
Defense attorneys countered that Jackson caused his own death by taking the drug propofol in a desperate attempt to overcome his chronic inability to sleep after his doctor left the room
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 168 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Explosions hit Russian Military Airbase in Annexed Crimea
- » Ukraine Stopped the Transit of Russian Oil to Hungary, the Czech Republic and Slovakia
- » Day 167 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Zaporizhzhia to hold a Referendum on Joining Russia
- » Nuclear Tensions: Russia has told the US it is temporarily suspending inspections under New START
- » The FBI raided Donald Trump's Mansion
- » Day 166 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Amnesty Apologized for its Report but Did Not Retract its Findings