Michael Jackson Murder Trial Kicks Off in LA
Tuesday marked the start of the Los Angeles trial of the doctor accused of killing Michael Jackson.
The opening scene on what is being billed as the trial of the century was a disturbing image of Michael Jackson's corpse lying on a bed with tubing over his face.
During the trial's opening statements, an audio file was played for the first time revealing what the King of Pop said while allegedly drugged.
"We have to be phenomenal. When people leave this show, when people leave my show, I want them to say, 'I've never seen nothing like this in my life. Go. Go. I've never seen nothing like this. Go. It's amazing. He's the greatest entertainer in the world," Jackson said in the audio, according to Huffington Post.
Prosecutors portrayed Dr Conrad Murray, 58, as an incompetent physician who used a dangerous anesthetic without adequate safeguards and whose neglect left the 50-year-old superstar abandoned as he lay dying.
Defense attorneys countered that Jackson caused his own death by taking the drug propofol in a desperate attempt to overcome his chronic inability to sleep after his doctor left the room
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 173 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Over 40 Countries called on Russia to Hand Over the Zaporizhzhia NPP to Kyiv
- » 35 Tons of Humanitarian Aid for Ukrainians to Arrive in Bulgaria
- » 75 Years of Progressive India
- » Day 172 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russian Soldiers who Shoot at and from Zaporizhzhia NPP are Targeted by Ukrainians
- » Day 171 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia warns the US of Severing Relations if Declared Sponsor of Terrorism
- » A Man Killed 11 People after a Family Dispute in Montenegro