Bulgaria Scores Seven Medals at Biathle World Championship Held in Sofia
Bulgaria grabbed a total of seven medals in the 2011 Biathle World Championships held in Sofia on September 25.
Biathle is a sub-sport of modern pentathlon involving a run, swim and run.
The event, which took place at the Cherveno Zname (Red Flag) sports complex in Sofia, featured a total of 270 competitors from 16 countries.
The13th Union Internationale de Pentathlon Moderne (UIPM) Biathle World Championship included 11 age groups starting at 10 years.
Bulgaria was represented by 66 athletes, most of them in the young adult categories.
Bulgarian athletes pocketed one silver (Youth D Boys, up to 12 yrs) and four bronzes (Youth E Boys and Youth E Girls, up to 10 yrs; Youth D Girls, up to 12 yrs; Youth C Girls, up to 14 yrs) in the team ranking.
In the individual races, Dimitar Iliev ranked third in his Youth D Boys category and Georgia Kadoglu also won bronze in her Youth C Girls group.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Closure of Hague Mission Said to Hurt Bulgarian-Dutch Economic Ties
- » Everybody Knew Bulgaria, Romania Not Ready for EU - Dutch Journalist
- » PIRGROUP CEO: Two Types of International Professionals Move to Bulgaria
- » Shell Bulgaria Chair Slaveykova Criticizes Excise Duty Act Changes
- » TNT Boosts Its Market Share in Bulgaria Thanks to Crisis
- » Netherlands Ambassador: Bulgaria’s GERB Govt Is Energetic in Reforms