Shooting of Star-Packed 'The Expendables 2' Underway in Bulgaria
The shooting of the much anticipated sequel to "The Expendables" is underway in Bulgaria, it has been announced.
Sylvester Stallone, Bruce Willis, Jason Statham, Chuck Norris, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Dolph Lundgren and Jean-Claude Van Damme are among the cult action heroes expected to star in the movie that is to be directed by Simon West.
"The Expendables 2" has a budget of over USD 80 M and its shooting will take place mainly at the Sofia-based NU Boyana studios. Hundreds of Bulgarian professionals are employed alongside their foreign colleagues to participate in the shooting process.
Already in July, Novinite.com (Sofia News Agency) learned some exciting casting news for the upcoming action movie.
"Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, John Travolta, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Chuck Norris, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Dolph Lundgren, Mickey Rourke...who else? Of course, Bruce Willis," NU Boyana studios CEO David Varod told Novinite in an exclusive interview upon asked about the movie's ensemble cast.
- » New Movie of Bulgarian Animation Artist Theodore Ushev, The Physics of Sorrow, has been Shortlisted for the Oscar Awards
- » UNESCO Added the Turkmen Rugs to its Intangible Cultural Heritage List
- » Bulgarians Have Received an European Award for Development in the Film Industry
- » Bulgarian Movie Won the Best Picture Award at the Cottbus Film Festival in Germany
- » A Turkish Court Ruling Could Turn Saint Sofia into a Mosque
- » Bulgaria Celebrates the Day of the Bulgarian National Revival Leaders