Bulgaria's Youngest District Governor Appointed Deputy Regional Devt Minister
Nikolay Nankov, District Governor of the northern Bulgarian city of Lovech, has been appointed Deputy Minister of Regional Development and Public Works, according to the government's press office.
Several days ago, Prime Minister Boyko Borisov said he had held talks with the new Regional Development Minister, Lilyana Pavlova, who was to suggest 7 or 8 candidates for the post she left.
Pavlova left office as a deputy to step in for Rosen Plevneliev, who resigned as Regional Development Minister after being nominated as the presidential candidate of Borisov's GERB party for the October 23 elections.
Nikolay Nankov, 28, is Bulgaria's youngest District Governor.
He has a degree in Geography and an MA in regional development and governance.
Nankov will be replaced by Vanya Sabcheva, senior expert at Lovech's Municipal Administration.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend