Bulgarians Get Drunk Fast, Die Old - Study
Contrary to popular beliefs, the Bulgarians' alcohol tolerance is inferior to that of other nations, a study has apparently shown.
Most Bulgarians get drunk from small quantities of alcohol, Bulgarian Professor Ivo Kremenski has said, announcing the results of an international study, according to the Klassa daily. An average Bulgarian gets drunk from a mere 300 grams of hard liquor, Kremenski has stated, while a Russian could easily cope with half a liter.
Even though Bulgaria is an established wine producer, its citizens prefer hard liquor to wine, unlike Western Europeans
According to recently released data, 70% of the 7 million Bulgarians drink regularly, but alcohol is a serious problem for some 30%. Klassa has also cited a genetic study that shows Bulgarians are predisposed to addictions.
Pofessor Kremenski, however, has pointed out that Bulgarians have "very strong genes", pointing out that there are many people in the country over the age of 100. His statement contradicts the official statistics, according to which the Balkan nations lags behind the rest of Europe in terms of longevity.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria, July 2: Sunny and Warm, Temperatures Up to 35 Degrees
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 165 Newly Registered Cases on July 2, 5154 Total
- » Czechs Celebrate the End of Covid-19 Crisis with Giant Party in Prague
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny with Temperatures Up to 36 Degrees on July 1
- » COVID-19 Update: 158 Newly Registered Cases in Bulgaria on July 1, Total: 4989
- » New "Animal" Virus Discovered in China