3rd Dead Dolphin Washed Ashore on Bulgarian Black Sea Coast
Another dead dolphin has been washed ashore on the beach near the salt-mines in the Black Sea city of Burgas.
The tip-off was given at 9 a.m on Tuesday on the 112 emergency phone line and a response team was immediately dispatched to the site.
According to preliminary reports, the dolphin has not been shot.
On September 02, a dead dolphin in an advanced stage of decomposition was discovered near the southern Bulgarian resort town of Sozopol. The cause of the death was not disclosed.
The discovery took place just a day after police officers arrived in the Coral vacation villages, also located on Bulgaria's southern Black Sea coast, to investigate the case another dead dolphin, allegedly with multiple shot wounds.
- » The Ice Cover on Earth is Warming
- » Bulgarian Activists Win Case to Save UNESCO-listed Forest in Pirin National Park
- » Mostly Sunshine with Variable Clouds in Bulgaria, Highs between 7° and 12°C
- » Rare Bird Species Recorded During Wintering Waterbird Count in Bulgaria
- » 10 Incidents with Radioactive Sources Registered in Bulgaria in 2018
- » Warning Issued as Australia's Heat Wave Hits Record Highs