Large-scale Blaze Extinguished near Bulgaria's Sofia
The fire, raging Thursday evening near the Bulgarian capital Sofia has been extinguished thanks to the effort of ten firefighter brigades.
The news was reported by the private TV channel bTV.
The fire broke Thursday near the villages of Vakarel and Paunovo and quickly spread on several kilometers. The thick smoke caused traffic in the Tarkiya highway to come to a halt for a short period of time.
The blaze first engulfed dry grass and bushes and then spread to nearby forests.
The cause of fire is being investigated.
One of the versions is that it had been triggered by a spark from a passing train, but some of the volunteers, who participated in the taming of the blaze, have said that it had been arson.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Cloudy with Rain today
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Code Yellow for significant Thunderstorms and Hail Conditions in 5 areas
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Fog, Sun, Rain and Thunder today
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Warmer with possibility of Rain Showers
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny with Afternoon Rain Showers
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Rain and Thunder, Hail is also Possible