Polish Teen Injured Gravely after Fall in Bulgarian Resort
A Polish teenager, 17, had sustained very serious injuries after falling from a height of 8 meters in the Bulgarian Golden Sands beach resort.
The news was reported Tuesday by the largest private TV channel bTV.
The young man has been taken to the St. Anna hospital in the nearby Black Sea city of Varna where he has been placed on life-support. He is listed with brain hemorrhage and a broken jaw and his condition is critical.
The Polish tourist had been found unconscious by hotel employees. According to initial information, he had fallen from the emergency stairway, but it remains unclear what he had been doing there.
Witnesses are quoted saying the teen had been visiting his girlfriend, also from Poland, who was in a different hotel.
There is no proof so far the victim had elevated alcohol blood level.
The strong 2011 summer season in Bulgaria has been tarnished by several similar incidents, and reports of alcohol binging and food poisonings.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Another Death on “Trakia” Highway
- » COVID-19: New Changes to Quarantine Measures in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Goat's Milk Curd Won the Highest Award at the Great Taste 2022 Competition
- » Bulgaria is Threatened with a Fine of an Eight Figure Sum in Euros because of Landfills
- » Bulgaria’s Health Minister: We are Shortening the Quarantine for both Vaccinated and Non-Vaccinated
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 1864 New Cases in the Last 24 hours