Pleven Witnesses Latest Shootout in Bulgaria
Two men have been injured during a shootout in a bar in the northern Bulgarian city of Pleven.
The incident happened around 9 pm Saturday evening when 10 people divided in two enemy groups started a brawl inside the bar, the Pleven police informs.
One of the participants in the fight is identified as notorious Pleven criminal with a long rap sheet – Kamen Balbuzanov AKA Kukata (The Hook).
According to initial police reports, the fight stemmed from a conflict which arose Friday. Last night a group of people, armed with bats, burst into the bar in search of Balbuzanov.
After heated arguments broke, a man from The Hook's entourage fired a handgun, hitting two adversaries. One has been injured in the arm, the other in the head.
They have been taken to the Pleven emergency room. The man with the arm injury is in stable condition, but the one with the head wound is still critical.
Police have sealed the area of the incident and are investigating the crime scene.
Balbuznov and one other individual from his group are under arrest.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A 17-year-old Bulgarian was Killed in a Shootout in Copenhagen
- » "Information Service" for Green Certificates: We Repelled the biggest Cyber Attack in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Traffic Police Caught 30 Migrants on Trakia Highway near Sliven
- » Spouses Found Dead in Blagoevgrad, Son is a Suspect of the Murder
- » At Least 116 people have Died in a Prison Riot in Ecuador
- » Demonstrative Murder in Sofia: A Man was Shot Dead at Gerena Stadium