Bulgaria's Blagoevgrad Witnesses Overnight Crime Wave
Two stores have been robbed at gunpoint in the southern Bulgarian city of Blagoevgrad Friday night.
The armed robberies have been followed by a gunfight which happened in the very downtown of the city around 9:30 am Saturday. There are no reported injuries.
The robberies occurred overnight. Police is searching for the perpetrators.
According to initial police reports, one of the robbed facilities has been a jewelry store.
The gunfire happened when the thieves opened fire at the police.
Witnesses further say that a female Blagoevgrad resident's car has been high-jacked at gunpoint by two men Saturday morning as she had been getting ready to take the driver's seat. The two tried to flee in the stolen vehicle at the moment police arrived at the location. The street had a dead-end and the criminals, unable to escape, opened fire. Residents report hearing about 5 to 6 shots.
One person has been arrested. The other(s) managed to escape on foot and police is on the lookout for them.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A 17-year-old Bulgarian was Killed in a Shootout in Copenhagen
- » "Information Service" for Green Certificates: We Repelled the biggest Cyber Attack in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Traffic Police Caught 30 Migrants on Trakia Highway near Sliven
- » Spouses Found Dead in Blagoevgrad, Son is a Suspect of the Murder
- » At Least 116 people have Died in a Prison Riot in Ecuador
- » Demonstrative Murder in Sofia: A Man was Shot Dead at Gerena Stadium