Arab League Recognizes Libya's Rebel Council
The Arab League has recognized Libya's rebel-led National Transitional Council (NTC) as the legitimate governing body of the country.
"We agreed that it is time for Libya to take back its legitimate seat and place at the Arab League. The NTC will be the legitimate representative of the Libyan state," the League's Secretary General Nabil Elaraby told reporters in Cairo on Thursday, as cited by BBC.
The Arab League also insisted that it was time for Libya to take back its permanent seat on the League's council.
Abdelmoneim el-Houni, a representative of the rebel forces, said Libya would renew its Arab League membership at a meeting of Arab ministers scheduled for Sunday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EU to Provide Ukraine with Funds to Combat Nuclear and Chemical Threats
- » Medvedev: Crimea is Russian. For it, We are Ready to have a Third World War
- » North Macedonia Postpones the Debate on the "French Proposal"
- » Fight in the Macedonian Parliament (VIDEO)
- » Day 125 of the Invasion of Ukraine: At least 18 Dead after Russians Hit a Mall in Kremenchuk
- » The G7 will Oppose China with Investments