Bulgarian Roma Assault Ambulance, Fear It's After Their Organs
Bulgarian citizens from the Roma minority have attacked an ambulance by throwing stones in the southern city of Plovdiv's Stolipinovo district.
The Roma have been frightened by recent media reports that "mysterious ambulances" have been driving around the nearby villages to harvest organs from mothers and children.
Ambulances transporting people "with no organs" have been spotted in the area, the reports have claimed.
Speaking before Darik radio, Kostadin Bakov, a senior local police official has denied any allegations that such organ-harvesting ambulances exist.
The panic created by such rumors has led to ambulances ending up destroyed in the district, Bakov has pointed out.
Stolipinovo is one of the largest Roma communities in Southeastern Europe.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Moldovans detained for Stealing nearly BGN 200,000 from Ukrainian Refugees in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Large-scale Police Operation in Karnobat
- » Bulgaria: Scheme for Issuing Fake Green Certificates was Discovered in Sofia
- » Bulgarian Prosecutor's Office Launches Investigation for the so-called “Golden Passports”
- » Bulgaria: Man was Detained for Issuing Fake Certificates in Bansko
- » Bulgaria: British Man Attacked and Kicked a Nurse at the Hospital in Veliko Tarnovo