Gaddafi May Be Hiding in Bulgarian-Built Bunker
Libya's embattled dictator Muammar Gaddafi may be hiding in a bunker built by a Bulgarian company, according to a security expert.
The expert, who wanted to remain anonymous, has told the Bulgarian 24 Chasa daily that Gaddafi is likely to be hiding in one of the bunkers the Bulgarian Technoexportstroy built in Libya during the 1980s.
The Libyan strongman avoids using the more modern bunkers he has at his disposal, since he is aware that NATO has information about them, the expert has explained, giving the NATO attack on one of these facilities on April 30.
Therefore, the expert believes the dictator may have chosen one of the old bunkers, built by the Bulgarian company, hoping the information about them may have been "forgotten".
"The Bulgarian bunkers (in Libya) are so old that everyone has forgotten about them, including those who have built them. I can assure you that even Technoexportstroy's current manager has no idea that the company's dusty archives may contain the plans for them," he has pointed out.
During the communist regime in Bulgaria, the Balkan country had close relations with Libya. Technoexportstroy in particular is one of the Bulgarian companies that had very strong positions in Libya. Its activities included building underground bases and logistic corridors, among others.
On Tuesday, a Libyan oppositional TV stated that Gaddafi would be arrested within hours.
At this point it remains highly unclear just how much of Tripoli is under rebel control after the unprecedented attack that started Sunday
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s MFA: The so-called Referendums in Ukraine will Not be Recognized
- » The Bulgarian Embassy in Kyiv is Working Again
- » US Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Central and Eastern Europe Robin Dunnigan Visits Bulgaria
- » President Radev: Bulgaria will Once Again stand in Solidarity with Fraternal Macedonia
- » Bulgaria’s President: We will Sign Important Partnership Agreements with the UAE
- » MFA: Bulgaria will Not Recognize Passports issued in the Occupied Zones in Ukraine