Chinese Media: West Must Clear Its Mess in Libya
Western countries have a deep responsibility to build stability in Libya after contributing to turmoil in the country, according to a Chinese state paper quoted by world agencies.
"The West has the responsibility to clear the mess it made in Libya," said the China newspaper.
It commented that the apparently imminent overthrow of embattled leader Muammar Gaddafi might be fun for media, but that the more serious matter of recovery is clearly not.
The edition emphasizes that the future of Libya is in the hands of Western countries.
Many Western countries have strongly sponsored the rebel National Transitional Council and have participated in NATO bombings against the Gaddafi regime.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 221 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russians withdraw from Lyman, Zelensky vows for more Recaptured Territories
- » Day 220 of the Invasion of Ukraine: The West Reacts to Putin’s Speech and his Nuclear Threats
- » China's Yuan sinks to record Low against Dollar ahead of key National Congress
- » 19 Killed in Anti-Government Protests in Iran
- » US: Death Toll reaches 21 in Florida as Hurricane Ian hits South Carolina
- » Kyiv's response to Putin: Ukraine quickly Enters NATO