ATM Skimming Devices Captured inside Icon at Sofia Airport
Three ATM skimming devices hidden behind an icon of the Mother of God were seized Monday by customs officers from the anti-drugs unit at Sofia Airport.
The express courier shipment was traveling from Bulgaria's southern city of Plovdiv to Virginia in the United States.
Both the sender and recipient of the package were Bulgarian citizens.
The Icon of the Mother of God Eleusa was declared as a metal souvenir worth USD 5.
During a customs check, the officers found the three bank-card skimmers tucked under the icon.
The sender was obviously relying on the metal to provide a cover-up for the ATM fraud equipment.
One day earlier, Sofia Airport customs officers seized another shipment containing a skimming device charger traveling for Nice in France.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Murder in Sofia: A Man Died from Multiple Stab Wounds, his Son was Detained
- » Bulgaria: Authorities Detained a Police Officer while On Duty with more than 1.6 Promille of Alcohol
- » Specialized Police Operation in the Bulgarian Village of Sindel after the Rape of a 73-year-old Woman
- » A 73-year-old Woman was Raped in a Bulgarian Village
- » 30 Days in Detention for the Attacker of Bulgarian Hristiyan Pendikov in North Macedonia
- » Prosecutor General: The US Settlement with Nexo has Nothing to do with the Bulgarian Investigation