Varna Airport Closes for Runway Overhaul in October
Fraport Twin Star Airport Management, concessionaire of Varna Airport, and construction company Max B?gl Bauunternehmung have signed a contract for a runway overhaul at the airport in the Black Sea City.
The cost of rehabilitation project is estimated at almost BGN 40 M, Fraport said in a statement Thursday, as cited by Bulgarian Dnevnik daily.
Varna Airport will be closed for repair works from October 15, 2011 until February 28, 2012.
In the meantime, all flights to and from Varna will be redirected to the airport in Burgas, which is also operated by Fraport under concession.
The German construction company contracted to execute the runway overhaul boasts a history of more than 80 years, ranks among the five biggest local firms in the sector and has representative offices in over 12 countries, including China and the UAE.
One month ago, Fraport said that it would invest over BGN 170 M in the development of the Varna and Burgas airports over the next 3 years.
- » Angelkova Expects 5% Growth in Foreign Tourists
- » 5% less Russian Tourists will Rest in Bulgaria this Year
- » The Beds in the 4- and 5-star Hotels in Bulgaria have Increased by 24% for the Period 2014-2017
- » MoT Angelkova: Establishments in Sunny Beach - South Meet the Requirements of the Law
- » Top 10 of the Cheapest All-inclusive Destinations. Among Them is Bulgaria
- » Where a holiday is cheaper in Greece or in Turkey?