Bulgarian Pilot Perishes in Sudan
A Bulgarian pilot, identified as Stefan Georgiev Penchev, 45, has perished in Sudan during a sand storm.
The news was reported Saturday by Darik radio, citing their own sources.
The man is from the town of Pordim, near the city of Pernik, in western Bulgaria.
The incident happened on July 28th, about 400 km from the capital Khartoum.
The pilot was on a flight course when the sand storm flipped the craft over. He died on the spot.
While in Bulgaria, Penchev had been employed as a pilot for the agriculture aviation. He is married and has two sons.
Three Bulgarian pilots, working for the United Nations, were abducted in Sudan in January by armed men at an air strip in the town of Um Shalaya, in the largely lawless region of Darfur, Sudan. They were released in the beginning of June
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EP President David Sassoli has Passed Away
- » Actor Bob Saget was found Dead in a hotel room
- » Gunther from "Friends" has Passed Away
- » Bulgarian Economist Vladimir Karolev has Passed Away
- » In Memorim: Greet Singer of the Mystry of the Bulgaian Voices Choir Passed away at 80
- » Three days of Mourning in Greece in Memory of Composer Mikis Theodorakis