Bulgaria Loses 80 000 Non-return Migrants Every Year
80 000 Bulgarians leave the country every year, with a large part of them being high school graduates seeking opportunities to study, work and live abroad.
According to statistics provided by Bulgarian Standard daily, the most popular overseas education destination is the UK, given that the number of Bulgarians studying there has tripled over the past three years.
As many as 96% of the Bulgarian students on the British Isles have taken out student loans to finance their studies.
The majority of them refuse to return to Bulgaria even after settling their student loan debt and completing their degree.
A total of 12 500 Bulgarians currently study in Germany.
Many young Bulgarians go for the Netherlands, where the cost of education is comparatively low and student loan programs are also available.
A very popular option to start a career there involves applying for EU funding granted by the municipalities to students so that they can set up student-operated companies.
The scheme allows students to gather solid business experience before they graduate.
Bulgarians are currently working under this program in the sphere of IT and robotics.
Bulgaria has sent a total of 3664 students to the US and Canada over the past year.
As a rule, 82% of the US and Canadian graduates graduates never return to Bulgaria.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 552 New Cases
- » Bulgaria after Flood Disaster: Tons of Urban Waste Clog Rivers across the Country
- » Bulgarian Sentenced to 27-Year Jail Term for Crime He Didn’t Commit
- » Before Summer 36 Percent of Bulgarians Will Be Vaccinated
- » Magnitude 6,2 Earthquake Shook Indonesia, Dead and Injured Reported
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 535 Newly Infected, 6,728 Recovered