Bulgaria Registers Drop in Produce Prices
Prices of fruit and vegetables are falling traditionally for this time of the year with their wholesale price index going down to 1.9 points.
The data was released by the State Commission for Commodity Exchanges and Market Places.
Prices of greenhouse tomatoes are down 12.3% to BGN 0.93 per kg, of cucumbers – 6% to BGN 0.9 per kg, of green peppers – by 27%. Cabbage prices remain the same; those of potatoes are down 6% to BGN 0.5 per kg; squash prices are down 7% to BGN 0.4 per kg.
In the last week, watermelon prices were 8% lower to BGN 0.33 per kg as were those of peaches – 6% and BGN 1.12 per kg respectively. Apples' prices are up 4% to BGN 1.65 per kg.
Among basic food stables – prices of sugar are up as are those of flour, cooking oil and rice. Ground meat prices were slightly down. Prices of feta cheese (0.2%) and yellow cheese (kashkaval) – (0.3%) went slightly up.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Fuel to Increase in Price to 3 leva while Lukoil makes 1 Billion 800 Million Excess Profit
- » January 1, 2025 - Bulgaria’s New Target Date for Entry into the Eurozone
- » Brain Business Jobs in Bulgaria Grow Strongly
- » Bulgaria is 43rd in the World in terms of Economic Freedom
- » Musk admits that “X” might become a Paid Platform
- » Bulgaria: Group of Men Brutally Beat a Boy with Clubs and Stakes in Harmanli