German Media: Critical EC Report Dims Bulgaria's Schengen Hope
Comments on the European Commission's monitoring report on Bulgaria's and Romania's have found their place in all German media Thursday.
The official report which, under the Cooperation and Verification Mechanism, CVM, focuses on the judicial reform, the fight against corruption and the fight against organized crime, was released Wednesday.
Under the headline "EC Warns Bulgaria and Romania," Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung notes that the situation in Bulgaria is worse than in Romania and the EC request are far from being fulfilled.
The German articles point out the two reports have been very much anticipated in Brussels since the countries that have objected Bulgaria's and Romania's Schengen entry such as Germany, France and the Netherlands have bound their decision on the report's conclusions.
German media join around the opinion the poor assessment of Bulgaria will delay even further the joining of Schengen and will dim hopes of no-border control travel of Bulgarians.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 4 New Gas Tankers are coming to Revithoussa in January - Part of the Fuel is for Bulgaria
- » Head of the Bulgarian National Bank: Joining the Eurozone will Speed Up Structural Reforms in our Country
- » Bulgaria has a little over 1 Million tons of Oil and Oil Product Reserves
- » Gas in Europe is Rising in Price with the Onset of Cold Weather
- » The Growth of the Bulgarian Economy between July and September was 3.3%
- » Bulgaria begins preparations for the minting of Euro Coins