Bulgaria's Tourism Optimistic about 2011
Bulgaria's touristic branch expects good results 2011, according to Blagoy Ragin, chair of the country's organization of hotel and restaurant owners.
However, this year's mistakes should be seriously analyzed, he told Darik radio, referring to the several fatal accidents which happened in Bulgarian seaside resorts in the peak of the season.
Most recently, a 13-year-old German girl died in Bulgaria's Black Sea resort Golden Sands after she was sucked in by the pump of a hotel swimming pool.
"We should find a way to make sure accidents like that will not happen again," Ragin declared.
Bulgaria is still a leading cheap holiday destination, according to polls conducted among local and foreign tourists in 2009 and 2010, Mariya Ivanova, head of the tourism department within the Ministry of Economy, Energy and Tourism, has stated.
2011 was expected to bring a 10% growth in tourist arrivals, Bulgaria's Economy, Energy and Tourism Minister Traicho Traikov recently said, remarking that over 90% of the target had already been met.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Restart of the Winter Season in Bulgaria: Heavy Snow and many Tourists in Pamporovo and Chepelare
- » Wizz Air announced New Route from Bulgaria to Armenia
- » Wizz Air with 77% Growth in Passenger Flow in Bulgaria for 2022
- » Mexico deported 27 Bulgarian Tourists in the span of 3 Months, Some were Kept in Cells for 4 Days
- » Snow finally Covered the Tracks in Pamporovo
- » Bulgarian Hoteliers are coming up with Alternative Activities for Skiers in Anticipation of Snow in the Winter Resorts