LOCAL TOBACCO GROWERS PROTEST AGAINST NEW QUALITY STANDARDS
Business | August 22, 2002, Thursday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
The enforcement of the new guidelines for the quality classification of the 2002 tobacco crop could result in numerous bankruptcies among domestic producers, the national union of tobacco growers warned. The producers advised that introduction of the EU standards is phased in to coincide with Bulgaria's EU accession. Thirty percent of this year's tobacco will be classified as junk under the new standards and the producers will not be paid anything. The same amounts would have been qualified as sellable under the old standards.Business » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » PM Borisov: We have the Necessary Infrastructure and Means to Continue "Turkish Stream"
- » Boyko Borisov will Open the First Plovdiv Economic Forum
- » Prices of US Goods in Europe are Rising from Tomorrow
- » Angelkova Expects 5% Growth in Foreign Tourists
- » India Raises Import Duties for US
- » A New German Plant Opens 2000 Jobs in Bulgaria
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)