Explosives Stolen in Romania Not Destined for Bulgarian Army
A private Bulgarian company, not the Bulgarian Army, was supposed to receive the four containers with detonators bound for Bulgaria that have been stolen from a train in Romania, according to the Bulgarian Defense Ministry.
A special statement on the incident with the missing explosives, the Defense Ministry in Sofia has explained that its National Coordination Center for Logistics Support has no information of any such shipment being bound for the Bulgarian armed forces.
"The information received through military-diplomatic channels shows that the detonators were destined for a Bulgarian firm, which is also officially confirmed by the Romanian Foreign Ministry," the Bulgarian Defense Ministry said. The name of the private company in question has not been revealed.
A total of 64 detonators for rockets shipped from the Romanian city of Brasov to Bulgaria are found to have disappeared from the train that was transporting them even though the shipment was guarded by 10 Romanian gendarmerie officers, the Bulgarian National Radio reported Sunday.
The absence of the arms shipment was discovered Saturday afternoon at the customs office in Romania's Giurgiu, right before the train was supposed to enter into Bulgaria.
Romania's military prosecutor's office has taken up the investigation of the case. It is still unknown in what part of the journey the detonators went missing but the seals on two of the railway cars are found to have been broken.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Defense Minister: There is No Request to Increase the Bulgarian Contingent in Kosovo
- » Bulgaria’s Defense Minister: The Defensive Shield-23 Exercise achieved its Goals of assembling a Multinational Battalion
- » The Minister of Defense: There are no Bulgarian soldiers in Ukraine
- » A Wagner mercenary with a Medal from Putin was Arrested in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Military Parade on the Day of the Bulgarian Army (PHOTOS and VIDEO)
- » Do not be Alarmed: Military Helicopters and Planes will fly low over Sofia today