Bulgaria's Plovdiv Boasts Increase of Tourist Visits
The number of Bulgarian and foreign tourists, who have visited Bulgaria's second largest city of Plovdiv, has increased significantly.
The data comes from the Tourist Informational Center in downtown Plovdiv, cited by the local daily "Maritsa."
In June 2011, there have been 300 more visitors of the Center, seeking information, compared to June 2010.
In June 2011, people from 44 different countries have visited Plovdiv, mainly from France, the UK, Germany, and the US. They latter have also shown the strongest interest in sightseeing, cultural events, entertainment, food establishments and shopping.
The Center has further registered a 10% increase in visits of the two internet sites www.eventsplovdiv.info and www.plovdiv-tour.info.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Restart of the Winter Season in Bulgaria: Heavy Snow and many Tourists in Pamporovo and Chepelare
- » Wizz Air announced New Route from Bulgaria to Armenia
- » Wizz Air with 77% Growth in Passenger Flow in Bulgaria for 2022
- » Mexico deported 27 Bulgarian Tourists in the span of 3 Months, Some were Kept in Cells for 4 Days
- » Snow finally Covered the Tracks in Pamporovo
- » Bulgarian Hoteliers are coming up with Alternative Activities for Skiers in Anticipation of Snow in the Winter Resorts