Bulgarian Wrestler Zlateva Wins Baku Grand Prix
Bulgaria's top female wrestler Stanka Zlateva has triumphed with the title in the final of the free style wrestling in Azerbaijan's Baku.
Zlateva, who has a silver medal from the last Olympics, defeated 2:0 in the final Natalia Vorobeva from Russia.
"This was a very strong tournament, many of the top wrestlers remained without medals. Stanka is not in her best shape yet but we are improving," commented her coach Simeon Shterev, as cited by BGNES.
Zlateva's title brought her an award of USD 10 000 plus USD 2 000 for her coach.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Mobile Betting Apps: Sports News and Tips
- » Four Bronze Medals for Bulgarian students from the Informatics Olympiad
- » Nurgyul Salimova with a Record Rating in the FIDE Rankings
- » Nurgyul Salimova: I am Proud of what I have Achieved, I Felt the Support of many Bulgarians and People from all over the World
- » After 30 years: Bulgaria Won again the Team World Title in Rhythmic Gymnastics
- » Women's Spanish teams Refuse to Play until the President of the Football Federation is replaced