China Donates USD 15 000 Playground to Bulgarian Capital
A playground for USD 15 000 has been donated to Sofia by the Embassy of the People's Republic of China and the Sino-Bulgarian Chamber of Commerce.
The playground in the northern district of Nadezhda was inaugurated by Chinese Ambassador to Bulgaria Guo Yezhou, Bulgarian Sports Minister Svilen Neykov, and Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova.
"I heartily wish all Bulgarian and Chinese children to spend a nice time on this playground," Ambassador Guo Yezhou said when addressing the opening ceremony, as cited by Xinhua.
Guo expressed his gratitude to the Sofia city and to the district of Nadezhda for the assistance they provided to the Chinese people residing in Bulgaria. About 3000 Chinese are estimated to live in Sofia, and half of them reside in the Nadezhda District.
Sofia Mayor Fandakova thanked the Chinese Embassy and said that this was the second playground in Sofia, built with its aid.
The first playground donated to Sofia by China, also worth USD 15 000, was opened in May in the Ilinden Quarter.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » North Macedonia's President: I will Not Negotiate History with Bulgaria
- » MFA Warned: Bulgarians with Dual Citizenship in Russia are Subject to Mobilization
- » Ministry of Foreign Affairs: Bulgarian Citizens should Hastily Leave Russia
- » Bulgaria’s MFA: The so-called Referendums in Ukraine will Not be Recognized
- » The Bulgarian Embassy in Kyiv is Working Again
- » US Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Central and Eastern Europe Robin Dunnigan Visits Bulgaria