China Donates USD 15 000 Playground to Bulgarian Capital
A playground for USD 15 000 has been donated to Sofia by the Embassy of the People's Republic of China and the Sino-Bulgarian Chamber of Commerce.
The playground in the northern district of Nadezhda was inaugurated by Chinese Ambassador to Bulgaria Guo Yezhou, Bulgarian Sports Minister Svilen Neykov, and Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova.
"I heartily wish all Bulgarian and Chinese children to spend a nice time on this playground," Ambassador Guo Yezhou said when addressing the opening ceremony, as cited by Xinhua.
Guo expressed his gratitude to the Sofia city and to the district of Nadezhda for the assistance they provided to the Chinese people residing in Bulgaria. About 3000 Chinese are estimated to live in Sofia, and half of them reside in the Nadezhda District.
Sofia Mayor Fandakova thanked the Chinese Embassy and said that this was the second playground in Sofia, built with its aid.
The first playground donated to Sofia by China, also worth USD 15 000, was opened in May in the Ilinden Quarter.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Special Interview with the Indian Ambassador Pooja Kapur for Novinite.com: India and Bulgaria are Time Tested Friends
- » Iran Pledges to Give More Detailed Responses about Ukrainian Air Boeing Crash
- » Bulgaria’s President: Discrimination against Ethnic Bulgarians in North Macedonia Must Be Done with
- » History Event: Niagara Falls will be Illuminated in the Colors of the Bulgarian Flag on March 3
- » Bulgarian MEP Calls for Restoring Trust between Bulgaria and North Macedonia
- » Vaccination Campaign Kicks off in North Macedonia, Bulgaria Failed to Deliver on Vaccine Promises