New Twist in Court Saga of Bulgaria's Alleged Top Mafia Boss
Bulgaria's top court has renewed the investigation against Krassimir Marinov, one of the notorious brothers called the Marguins, who are believed to be Bulgaria's top crime bosses.
The Supreme Cassation Court said that new evidence have emerged, which however, can not be disclosed because it is confidential.
The statement of the court published on its website makes it clear that the ruling was made because of the testimony of three anonymous witnesses.
After spending five months behind bars, at the end of June Krassimir Marinov was placed under house arrest over health issues.
The ruling concerned the allegation for leading an organized crime group, involved in drugs distribution.
The defense demanded the release of Krassimir Marinov, claiming that the evidence collected so far fails to prove the charges raised against him. According to the lawyers his release under house arrest is a safe measure, since he is not likely to go into hiding or commit another crime.
Krassimir and Nikolay Marinov, also known as the Marguin brothers, reputed to be the biggest mafia bosses in Bulgaria, were acquitted earlier this year after found not guilty of plotting three murders.
Krassimir Marinov pleaded not guilty to the charges, while his brother Nikolay was tried in absentia after he disappeared earlier this year.
The case has been dragging on for nearly five years already.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Representative of Bulgaria’s Ministry of the Interior will be allowed by South Africa to the Investigation into “Karo’s” Murder
- » Europol: 28 Arrested for Smuggling Migrants via Bulgaria and Romania
- » A Security Expert pointed out that Kamenov's Murder was Not Typical of the Bulgarian Crime World
- » Wanted by Interpol Bulgarian Krasimir Kamenov-Karo was Murdered in South Africa
- » Bulgaria: Illegal Migrants are detained near Vladaya after a Chase with the Police
- » Bulgaria: Six People were detained after a Mass Fight in in Kardzhali - A Girl was Injured