Official: Bulgaria's Bojinov Joins Sporting Lisbon
Portuguese giants Sporting officially confirmed that they have completed the signing of Parma's unsettled Bulgarian striker Valeri Bojinov.
The Bulgaria international has signed a five-year contract with Sporting after the two clubs agreed on a EUR 2.6 M bid for 80% of the player's economic rights. The fee could rise to EUR 3.5 M depending upon the club's performances.
The 25-year-old, who has also played for Fiorentina, Juventus and Manchester City, will wear the number seven shirt for the Lisbon side.
"I am an aggressive player on the pitch. I like and want to score goals. Sporting must always play to win. Only win and do their best," he said upon his arrival in Lisbon.
The 25-year-old Bulgarian striker, one of Bulgaria's top football hopes, has had sporadic success at Parma recently, leading Bulgaria's national coach Lothar Mattheaus to criticize his performance.
The deal also involves yielding Jaime Valdes to the Italians.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Macedonian Football Fans Booed the Bulgarian Anthem but Lost the Match in the End
- » What Table Games can you find at the Best Casino Online in Canada
- » Bulgaria: World Title for the Rhythmic Gymnastics Ensemble in Sofia
- » First Medal for Bulgaria at the Rhythmic Gymnastics World Championships
- » How to Choose an NFL Sports Betting Site
- » EuroBasket: Bulgaria Defeated the Host Georgia