Sporting Gets Closer to Snapping Up Bulgaria's Bojinov
Portuguese giants Sporting appear closer to sealing the deal for Parma's unsettled Bulgarian striker Valeri Bojinov, as a representative of the Italian club was negotiating in Lisbon Sunday.
Parma's sporting director Pietro Leonardi visited Lisbon to negotiate on the Portuguese club's transfer bid for the Bulgarian.
"I can confirm Sporting Lisbon are one of the sides who are very interested in Bojinov and are in negotiations for a possible transfer," Bojinov's agent Gennaro Palomba told the A Bola newspaper, according to Sky Sports.
However, Palomba pointed out it was not yet certain he will go to Sporting, since there were other teams who are interested.
The 25-year-old Bulgarian striker, one of Bulgaria's top football hopes, has had sporadic success at Parma recently, leading Bulgaria's national coach Lothar Mattheaus to criticize his performance.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Macedonian Football Fans Booed the Bulgarian Anthem but Lost the Match in the End
- » What Table Games can you find at the Best Casino Online in Canada
- » Bulgaria: World Title for the Rhythmic Gymnastics Ensemble in Sofia
- » First Medal for Bulgaria at the Rhythmic Gymnastics World Championships
- » How to Choose an NFL Sports Betting Site
- » EuroBasket: Bulgaria Defeated the Host Georgia