Sporting Gets Closer to Snapping Up Bulgaria's Bojinov
Portuguese giants Sporting appear closer to sealing the deal for Parma's unsettled Bulgarian striker Valeri Bojinov, as a representative of the Italian club was negotiating in Lisbon Sunday.
Parma's sporting director Pietro Leonardi visited Lisbon to negotiate on the Portuguese club's transfer bid for the Bulgarian.
"I can confirm Sporting Lisbon are one of the sides who are very interested in Bojinov and are in negotiations for a possible transfer," Bojinov's agent Gennaro Palomba told the A Bola newspaper, according to Sky Sports.
However, Palomba pointed out it was not yet certain he will go to Sporting, since there were other teams who are interested.
The 25-year-old Bulgarian striker, one of Bulgaria's top football hopes, has had sporadic success at Parma recently, leading Bulgaria's national coach Lothar Mattheaus to criticize his performance.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Beloslava Krasteva is Close to the World Chess Title
- » Bulgaria’s Beloslava Krasteva is Second in the Current Ranking of the World Chess Championship
- » Mobile Betting Apps: Sports News and Tips
- » Four Bronze Medals for Bulgarian students from the Informatics Olympiad
- » Nurgyul Salimova with a Record Rating in the FIDE Rankings
- » Nurgyul Salimova: I am Proud of what I have Achieved, I Felt the Support of many Bulgarians and People from all over the World