Bulgarian Police Bust 10 Bank Robbers in Special Operation
Ten people from one of the most major robbers' gangs in Bulgaria have been arrested in a special operation of the Bulgarian police upon trying to rob a bank office in the very downtown of Sofia.
The suspects tried to rob the branch of the DSK Bank on the Alexander Batenberg Square in Sofia, first arriving on the scene at 11 pm on Friday in order to turn off the security system but left and returned an hour later. They were riding in two cars with special equipment, Bulgarian Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov announced Saturday.
"The special operation has been called "The Protected" because in most cases the police have dealt with them but they have been released by the courts every single time," Tsvetanov declared.
He revealed the criminal gang has been followed by the police for more than a month, and that the actual arrests were made after car chases and ambushes around the Sofia downtown.
Tsvetanov said "The Protected" gang was extremely professional, and was the best robbers' group of the former legendary Lyulin Clan of thieves, named after the Lyulin Quarter in Sofia.
The detainees sport nicknames such as "Briefcase", "Bloodhoud", "Brain", "Thief", "Crooked"
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: A Military Man Killed his Girlfriend and Committed Suicide
- » Bulgaria: A Man Stabbed his Neighbors because of their Barking Dog
- » The Bulgarian Entrepreneur Tzvetan Vassilev is No Longer Wanted by Interpol
- » Bulgaria: 9 Months in Prison for a Man caught Driving Drunk for the Second Time
- » A Law will Prohibit the Sale of Nitrous Oxide or “Laughing Gas” to Minors in Bulgaria
- » Operation in Greece for the capture of Bulgarian Cryptoqueen Ruja Ignatova