Sofia Rocks 2011 Unites Judas Priest, Whitesnake
The shows of Judas Priest and Whitesnake previously announced to take place in Sofia July 8 will be brought together under the banners of Sofia Rocks 2011 fest.
The major event, set now to take place on the National Hippodrome in Bankya just outside of Sofia, will also feature British glam rockers Slade and heavy metal veterans Saxon.
Judas Priest, nicknamed the "Metal Gods" due to their contribution to the development of the genre, have announced that they are embarking on their last worldwide tour, aptly named "Epitaph."
Whitesnake are on their "Forevermore" world tour promoting their eponymous 2011 album.
Organizers from Balkan Entertainment Company have vowed to erect completely new festival facilities at the site of the hippodrome in Bankya.
They have also stated they will organize facilitated transportation by bus and train from downtown Sofia to the satellite town.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Bulgarian Orthodox Church celebrates the Annunciation
- » First Bulgarian Author Nominated for the “Booker” Award!
- » The Dobruja Pie (Banitsa) became a Protected Product not of Bulgaria, but of Romania
- » Today marks 80 years since the Rescue of the Bulgarian Jews
- » Bulgarians Celebrate Saint Theodore’s Day (Horse Easter)
- » Bulgarian Historian: Our Freedom was not Gifted to us