Bulgaria Enjoys Longest Day for 2011
Bulgarians will enjoy Tuesday the longest day of the year and the first day of summer according to the astronomical calendar.
The duration of the day on June 21 will be 15 hours and 19 minutes, with the sun rising at 05:49 a.m and the sunset due at 21:08 p.m.
The summer season officially starts with the summer solstice (around Junes 21 in the northern hemisphere and around 22 December in the Southern Hemisphere) and ends with the autumn equinox (around September 23 in the northern hemisphere and around March 22 in the southern hemisphere).
Thousands of people traditionally flock to the 5000-years-old Stonehenge monument in Wiltshire, England, to watch the sunrise on the first day of summer.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: There are 34 Active Fires in the Country, the Situation in Most Places is Under Control
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 1,636 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » The Extinguishing of Fires all over Bulgaria Continues - “Maritsa” Highway will be Closed
- » Bulgaria: No more Masks in Some Places from Tomorrow - See Where they Remain Mandatory
- » Which are the Most Popular but Expensive Destinations to Study Abroad
- » Bulgaria: A Landslide on the Beach in Albena Buried a Man and a Woman - They are Alive