Bulgaria, Romania to Launch Joint Summer Traffic Police Checks
Bulgarian and Romanian traffic police officers will do joint checks during the upcoming summer holiday season, the Bulgarian Interior Ministry has announced.
Traffic police officers from both Balkan countries will operate in the regions surrounding the border between them from June 15 to September 15, watching for speed violations, driving under the influence of alcohol and checking for potential smuggling.
While working in Bulgaria, the Romanian traffic police officers will wear their national police uniforms, but will not be able to sanction wrongdoers, the Bulgarian Darik radio explains. The Bulgarian police officers in Romania will not sanction drivers, either.
Earlier on Tuesday, it was announced that Bulgaria is among the top tourist destinations for Romanian travelers, even though the economic crisis has a negative influence on their vacation plans.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Begging and Prostitution are No Longer Crimes in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: 1-year-old Child is in Coma after being Beaten in Plovdiv
- » Bulgaria: Mother and Son were found Dead in Kyustendil
- » Bulgaria: A Municipal Councilor in Velingrad was Murdered (UPDATED)
- » Bulgaria: Two People Killed in a Fight between Families in Nova Zagora
- » The 15-year-old Bus Driver who Killed the Policemen may Receive up to 10 Years in Prison