Mild Quake Registered near Bulgaria's Capital
A light earthquake has been registered in the vicinity of the Sofia suburb of Bankya early Sunday morning.
The information was reported by the National Geophysics Institute at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS).
The quake was of a 2.3 points magnitude on the Richter scale with an epicenter at a depth of 2 kilometers.
There were no reports of injuries and material damages. The shock has not been felt by the residents of the Bulgarian capital.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Code Yellow for Strong Winds in 9 Regions, the Weather remains Cold
- » Code Orange for Strong Winds in 8 Regions of Bulgaria for Today
- » The Weather in Bulgaria will be Sunny and Windy with a sharp Cooling in the evening
- » "Earth Hour" - We turn off the Lights and Shine a Light on the Problem of Endangered Animal Species
- » Bulgaria: The Zoo in Burgas acquired New Exotic Rodents
- » Sunny Weather in Bulgaria, in the morning with Reduced Visibility