Death Toll Rises in European E. Coli Outbreak
The total number of dead in Europe caused by the E. Coli outbreak reached 27 Thursday, as two more deaths were confirmed in Germany.
While the rate of infection is slowing down, the number of infections continues to rise, climbing above 2 800, the Robert Koch Institut said, CNN reports. More than 700 of the infected suffer from the severe form of the intestinal illness.
On Wednesday, EU Agriculture Commissioner Dacian Ciolos raised his aid package offer to EUR 210 M million to help farmers recover from some of their losses as a result of the E. Coli crisis. He had initially proposed EUR 150 M in aid.
German authorities, now with European assistance, are still hunting for the source of the outbreak
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 461 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv hit Moscow with Drone Attacks
- » Oil Prices fall against the background of a Deal being reached on the US Debt Ceiling
- » 25 NATO soldiers were Injured in Clashes in Kosovo
- » Clashes between police and Serbs in Northern Kosovo
- » Day 460 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russian Missile Attack in the Morning and at Noon
- » North Korea plans to launch a Satellite - Japan prepares for a Ballistic Missile