Death Toll Rises in European E. Coli Outbreak
The total number of dead in Europe caused by the E. Coli outbreak reached 27 Thursday, as two more deaths were confirmed in Germany.
While the rate of infection is slowing down, the number of infections continues to rise, climbing above 2 800, the Robert Koch Institut said, CNN reports. More than 700 of the infected suffer from the severe form of the intestinal illness.
On Wednesday, EU Agriculture Commissioner Dacian Ciolos raised his aid package offer to EUR 210 M million to help farmers recover from some of their losses as a result of the E. Coli crisis. He had initially proposed EUR 150 M in aid.
German authorities, now with European assistance, are still hunting for the source of the outbreak
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Tragedy in India: At least 50 Dead and hundreds Injured after Train Crash
- » 700 NATO troops have arrived in Northern Kosovo
- » Day 464 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia faces a Dilemma whether to Protect its Border or the Occupied Territories
- » The Richest Man in the World: Elon Musk regained the Top Spot in the ranking
- » The US Senate has approved Raising the National Debt Ceiling
- » The Bulgarian Socialists did not support the EP's decision on Аmmunition for Ukraine