Kyustendil Voted Top Spa Destination in Bulgaria
The western Bulgarian city of Kyustendil was voted "Most dynamically Developing SPA destination" at the second edition of the annual "Spa Nominations" ceremony.
The event was held at the Kempinski-Zografski hotel in Sofia.
In 2010, the town of Sandanski was declared "Best SPA destination" in the country, after Velingrad withdrew from the competition in a bid to stimulate other towns famous for their mineral springs.
"This is good news that has not happened for 30 years in Kyustendil", Darik Radio reported Kyustendil Mayor Petar Paunov as saying.
The goal of the annual 'Spa nominations' is to promote SPA and wellness tourism in Bulgaria and to boost the the popularity of the country as a tourist, economic, cultural, sports and social hub in the region.
Some of the categories in the competition include: SPA Complex, SPA Destination, SPA Hotel, Medical SPA, SPA Cosmetics, SPA Manager, SPA Equipment Company, SPA Chain, etc.
The nominations are selected by a jury of experts at SPA and wellness tourism.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Borovets Gears Up for Winter Season with Artificial Snow Preparation
- » Ryanair Launches Summer 2024 Schedule with over 1.7 Million Seats for Bulgaria
- » Plovdiv's Tourism Industry Bounces Back, Exceeding Pre-Pandemic Figures
- » Unusual Encounter: Bears Cross Paths with Tourists on Route to Pamporovo (VIDEO)
- » Bulgaria's Tourism Resilience: Foreign Visitor Numbers Surge in October
- » Exploring Home and Beyond: Bulgarian Tourism Flourishes in Q3 2023