Bulgarian Customs Detain Synthetic Drugs Worth BGN 0.5 M
Bulgarian Customs agents at the Sofia International Airport detained Sunday synthetic drugs valued at BGN 0.5 M, accompanied by fake certificates.
The information was reported by the Bulgarian Customs Agency.
During a routine inspection of express courier shipments, the Customs employees checked a package, sent from China, holding two envelopes with 1.2 kg total of white powder, declared as "methyl cellulose," with an analysis certificate and an invoice, confirming the contents correspond to what has been declared.
Tests in the Central Customs Lab showed the substance was two synthetic types of illegal narcotics, which can be ordered online for EUR 2 per gram, and go for the price of BGN 50 per gram in Bulgaria after being mixed with other drugs.
The profit is estimated at BGN 45 per gram and the busted substance is enough to make over 10 000 dozes.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: A Ukrainian was Murdered in Saints Constantine and Helena (UPDATED)
- » Bulgaria: The Prosecutor's Office wants the Immunity of a GERB MP for "Fornicating with a Child"
- » Bulgaria: Police caught 10 Syrians on Trakia Highway - Two Women were Detained
- » Bulgarian Police detained 43 Illegal Migrants in Sofia
- » Bulgaria: Massive Special Police Operation in Sofia (UPDATED)
- » Representative of Bulgaria’s Ministry of the Interior will be allowed by South Africa to the Investigation into “Karo’s” Murder