Bulgarians Struggle with Shrinking Average Incomes
The income of an average Bulgarian household member has been a mere BGN 868 (about EUR 447) in the first quarter of 2011, which indicates a 2.1% decrease year on year, according to the country's National Statistical Institute.
In the same time, the average expenditure per household member during the quarter has been BGN 775, 1.4% more than during the same period in 2010.
The relative share of monetary income in the total income during the first quarter of 2011 has been similar in comparison with the same quarter of 2010 - 99.1%. The relative share of wages and salaries within the total income of Bulgaria's citizens has increased from 51.1% to 52.9% on an yearly basis, the Institute's report also reveals.
The most significant share of the total expenditure per household member in Bulgaria in the first quarter of 2011 has been spent on food and non-alcoholic beverages. The average expenditure on water, electricity, heating and furnishing for the compared quarters has decreased from BGN 147 to BGN 140 per capita
The average expenditure on on health has decreased by 7.8% during the year's first quarter, while the expenditure on clothing and footwear has dropped by 6.3%
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: The Minimum Salary will be over EUR 350
- » 58% of Adults in Bulgaria are Financially Literate
- » Bulgaria: Changes in Bank Fees and Loans in 2022
- » World Bank Representative: There is no danger of Hyperinflation in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Finance Minister: Jan. 1, 2024 remains the date for Bulgaria's Accession to the Eurozone
- » Bulgarian PM: We will Adopt the Euro in two years